Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange rate stg to euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

It depends where you are buying - Paypal or Amazon will offer you a Euro equivalent which is usually dearer than your CC company. That being said I dont know if 3V would offer the same rates as say Visa/Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

60.00 GBP = 69.0925 EUR is what xe.com is currently showing so if someone offers you this rate it's very good. If you go into a bank they will added some commission, probably €3 depending on where you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Thanks guys what i am trying to figure is for a 60stg purchase would a 70 euro 3v do or would i need to get 80 euro 3v to be sure to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    Thanks guys what i am trying to figure is for a 60stg purchase would a 70 euro 3v do or would i need to get 80 euro 3v to be sure to be sure

currently the "credit card rate" is about .852

£60 / .852 = €70.42 + possibly commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Its best to get a little extra , - and if you have some left over , you can buy €5 phone credit .

If you have a billpay mobile , then sell phone credit to someone on easypay

You need to add about € 2 to the conversion you receive on xe.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Its best to get a little extra , - and if you have some left over , you can buy €5 phone credit .

If you have a billpay mobile , then sell phone credit to someone on easypay

You need to add about € 2 to the conversion you receive on xe.com
    suppose so thanks;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Normally I would add 2-3% to the rates quoted on the online currency converters. 3V is not very well suited to cross-currency purchases, since you can be left with small change on the voucher that it then impossible to spend or transfer (without paying a comparatively large fee).

The O2 pre-pay money card is probably a better option, or the Payzone pre-pay card. There are other options too.

I believe that 3V has had it's day, and will not last too much longer unless they re-vamp it, and make it more similar to the newer pre-pay credit cards that are on the market.

Advertisement