Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree Identification

Options
  • 22-03-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone

Just wondering can anybody tell me the names of these two tree's I collected from the wild...If you can it would be a great help. The tree with the red leaves was growing underneath an apple tree.The fruit from the tree is red the whole way through, some sort of crab apple I'm thinking. I'm wondering maybe is it a sapling from the apple tree. The other tree I collected in my garden, my guess was that it is some sort of Privet, but I'm not sure at all.

Thanks a million

IMG_0050-1.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Hi, The red leaved one is an ornamental cherry I think and the bottom one i am pretty sure is the crab apple you speak of, well its an apple of some sort , the new shoot is very appley:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Devrobia

Great...thanks for your help, appreciate it...

Advertisement