Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Car

Options
  • 22-03-2011 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey,

Im thinking of buying a new car, I was thinking of buying a car and doing it up instead of buying a modified car already.

What do youse think...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Boysie wrote: »
    Hey,

Im thinking of buying a new car, I was thinking of buying a car and doing it up instead of buying a modified car already.

What do youse think...

You'll be poorer:D (honest that's what I actually thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭xual

The way it goes is a person finds the parts for a car

Car = 4,000
    parts and bits = 3,000

Maybe they work on it themselves and save on labour maybe not.

They need to sell it.

They tot it all up and advertise it for 7,500. . . no one bites..... drop the price... Eventually you allow for depreciation and let it go for less.

If you can find a well looked after car with mods on and installed properly with an NCT buy it. Otherwise you are buying a lot of work.

That's only my opinion, If you enjoy the work then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

What type of car and what mods?

Advertisement