Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick crash course in current wwe story lines want to get back into it

Options
  • 22-03-2011 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

hi guys just found this sub forum i was a major major wwe fan back in the day with stone cold the rock etc and watched it in bits and peices da last few years just wanted a quick crash course before i start watchn it religousley again:)

is john cena still the main man??????

is wrestlemania not coming up this time of year?????

whos this seamus dude??? he irish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Rock has stole Cena's thunder as a non-wrestler the past few weeks but yeah to answer your question.

Mania is in 2 weeks

Sheamus is Irish he used to wrestle on the local scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

the rock is back?:O i must start watchn what times raw and smackdown on sky sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

the rock is back?:O i must start watchn what times raw and smackdown on sky sports?

Off and on for about 5(?) weeks.

Track down his return appearence on Youtube NOW!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey Dave, great to hear!

WrestleMania is next Sunday (3rd April). If you don't wanna pay we're having a Mania party at the pub! (there's a thread about it).

WWE's TV shows are divided into 3, RAW (monday) NXT (Thursday for us) Smackdown (Friday) and Tough Enough is starting after Mania. They've really relaxed the talent barriers so pretty much you see RAW guys on SD and vice versa every week. NXT is a pseudo-reality show where n00bs gain experience wrestling and do terrible challenges. S1-4 had it's enjoyable moments (S1 especially - where most of the Nexus/Corre came from) but this season sucks the bad one. Give it a try but nobody really watches it here anymore.

John Cena still rules the roost on RAW, Miz is the WWE champion; been embraced by most of the IWC (internet wrestling community) but hasn't been booked the best since winning the title a few months back. The Rock is guest hosting RAW but he's had verbal battles with Cena and Miz. Miz vs Cena at Mania. Rock only showed up a few weeks ago and has only showed up live once (and cut two promos via tape) and they've been fantastic.

Edge is the World Champion on SmackDown, he's facing Alberto Del Rio for the belt. ADR is new (debuting mid last year) but he's fantastic. Like a mexican JBL. At the moment Edge started hanging around Christian again, it's fantastic.

RAW has an anonymous General Manager (due to GMs being beaten up by heel group Nexus), whose decrees Michael Cole usually reads out. Cole is probably the most hated personality in WWE, over the last year he's just been running down good guys, most notably Daniel Bryan, who is a fantastic wrestler of Benoit proportions. Cole is facing Jerry Lawler in a match at Mania; reffed by Stone Cold. It's been built extremely well and arguably the hottest feud, funnily enough!

Vickie Guerrero is still around and a really over heel. Likely she'll be some liason with the RAW GM. She's managing the team that's gonna face Snooki (from the Jersey Shore) and Trish Stratus (who came back at No Way Out, she's a trainer in Tough Enough along with Austin).

Booker T came back at the Rumble and is now Commentating on SmackDown. Diesel also came back but he's doing nothing on-screen. (yet).

The tag division is mostly on SmackDown, by two Corre members (the Nexus split in two late last year, most of them going to SmackDown), but there's no tag wrestlers, it's a joke.

Divas division is still a joke.

Sheamus had a stellar 2010. He joined RAW in late 2009 and beat Cena for the WWE title. He won it again in mid-2009; and headlined a handful of PPVs. He won the King of the Ring tournament in late 2010 but has had an awful losing streak since then. He finally turned a corner last week beating Bryan for the US title. He's bloody brilliant.

Orton is no longer with Legacy, he's face but he still acts like a heel so he's kinda meh at the moment, but feuding with ultra-awesome heel CM Punk (leader of the Nexus) he's gotten some steam back. Orton's gimmick is punting (soccer kicking) people in the head all the way back to WWE's Developmental territory (FCW). Ted DiBiase Jr has turned into a jobber and Cody Rhodes is on SmackDown doing great. He's fueding with Mysterio, whose knees are knackered and is looking to wind down his career.

'Taker ended Shawn's career at Mania last year. He's facing Triple H in what's been a luke-warm feud so far.

That's about that I guess!

That's WWE in a nutshell.

thanks for the effort put into that post much apreciated

just watched rocks comeback on youtube and him and cenas verbal batttles!ha

great idea pitting rock vs cena

will try catch up as quick as i can on things guys thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

great idea pitting rock vs cena

It is a great idea, but the problem is that nobody is really sure yet if Rock is going to wrestle again in the WWE.

There's been all sorts of rumours such as he isn't insured to wrestle, his movie schedule won't allow it, or simply he just doesn't want to.

We'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I hope the OP is going to watch TNA as well, I'm really enjoying that at the moment - freeview channel as well, so no Sky Sports subscriptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

I hope the OP is going to watch TNA as well, I'm really enjoying that at the moment - freeview channel as well, so no Sky Sports subscriptions

Fair enough, its on freeview but...enjoying it? Is TNA not down the toilet right now regards creative & storey? Just seeing the shambles with Hardy at Victory Road on Youtube. WHO decided to send him to the ring like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Nice one Jay, I have missed loads as well. Here's a question for ya, is Cody Rhodes wrestling at Wrestlemania? Besides the possible MITB are they even doing that this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Nice one Jay, I have missed loads as well. Here's a question for ya, is Cody Rhodes wrestling at Wrestlemania? Besides the possible MITB are they even doing that this year?
    No MITB

Cody might face Rey but I can't be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

No MITB

Cody might face Rey but I can't be sure.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/matches/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Add The Corre against Big Show/Kane and maybe a dark match battle royal and you have a fairly average Mania card sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

HBK wrote: »
    Fair enough, its on freeview but...enjoying it? Is TNA not down the toilet right now regards creative & storey? Just seeing the shambles with Hardy at Victory Road on Youtube. WHO decided to send him to the ring like that!

I'm enjoying it more then WWE at the moment to be honest, especially since the return of Sting, there is obvious rip off's going on at the moment mirroring the whole NWO/WCW thing but I do think there's a lot more potential - for one thing these guys have a decent Diva division, I mean the Women actually do something other then strip naked or have lingerie matches - there are actually a few good female wrestlers in TNA

Maybe it's just because most of the main wrestlers in TNA at the moment are people I really like (Hogan, RVD, Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, AJ Styles) and it also helps that Tazz is on commentary but I'm really really supporting what TNA is doing right now and I can't say the same for a lot of the WWE stuff, but that's my personal opinion

have watched cenas and rocks verbal battle on youtube gonna watch raw on monday night:D

the rock swore that he is here to stay in wwe forever which is rubbish in my opinion

im suprised how much fans have shone to him to be honest they will major majo hate him before long if he doesnt live to promises and wait around for a while!

also seen on youtube how stone cold is back whats his story?
    surely him and rock need to clash now their both back?
    or join forces and cause havoc around wwe and with mr mcmahon:D

john cena sure gets alota boos to my suprise

Advertisement