Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consolodating debt and moving abroad

Options
  • 22-03-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im wondering if there is anyone on here who might be able to give me some advice. I like so many others would love to just get up and go and leave the country........to anywhere else really!! Problem is i've got 2 small enough loans at the min and the usual credit card going. Now I dont want to just up sticks and leave, I do want to pay back what I owe but what is my best way of doing this? Is it realistic to say, consolodate my loans and arrange to pay back from a job abroad? Or can it be arranged to defer all my payments for say a year before I return? Any help or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You could put them all in one loan. Or you could move your credit card to 0% for 10mts with a new provider. If you also got the 2 small loans and could fit them on the new credit card with the 0%. You may get 10mts interest free just paying the minimum which would give you a chance to attack the capital and make some breathing space for yourself.

You can ask you loan provider to give you a payment break for a while maybe 12mts. Either way move your credit card to a new provider tomorrow.

Advertisement