Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ANDROID]Creating a very basic app - No previous experience

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to create a timetable app for myself, own personal use only. I just want it to show my school timetable, it doesn't need to be editable. I could change the code next September when I need a new one. The one complex (maybe) thing I would like it to do is recognize the day and time and only show today with the next class either highlighted or larger in size. Ok, maybe this isn't as basic as I had originally thought.

I don't have any previous knowledge on app development but I'd like to learn. Would appinventor be any good to me?

Thanks in advance,
    Jackobyte.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

I done this a few days ago for a small part of an application. It lets you add/delete timetable entries and view them in a tab layout. It automatically goes to the right day as you want but doesn't deal with the time part as didn't see this as necessary.
    Have you ever programmed before? I've never used app inventor before only the SDK.
    There is a good timetable app in market called a1 or a+ timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I done this a few days ago for a small part of an application. It lets you add/delete timetable entries and view them in a tab layout. It automatically goes to the right day as you want but doesn't deal with the time part as didn't see this as necessary.
    Have you ever programmed before? I've never used app inventor before only the SDK.
    There is a good timetable app in market called a1 or a+ timetable
    Never programmed before. I'm in TY so from next Monday, I'll have loads of time. (busy this week). I'll look into a+ timetable and see whether that does what I need. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dsrckiyisvddht

Ya its pretty good. If you do get into development and need some help PM me

Advertisement