Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Water Framework Directive

Options
  • 21-03-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

The EU Water Framework Directive is an important piece of EU environmental legislation which aims at improving our water environment. It requires governments to take a new holistic approach to managing their waters. It applies to rivers, lakes, groundwater, estuaries and coastal waters. Member States must aim to achieve good status in all waters by 2015 and must ensure that status does not deteriorate in any waters. This website is an information resource for interested parties and holds extensive documentation relating to WFD-related studies and River Basin Management Plans.
    Source

Anyone have any opinions on this, seems very abitious to me. It takes into acount chemical and ecological status which is pretty good. Can anyone see where there could be any improvements made?

I'm interested in the fish sampling section. But if anyone has any opinions on the directive in general, I'd like to hear them:)

Advertisement