Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Screen Flicker

Options
  • 21-03-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I got an iPhone 4 on upgrade from 02 two weeks ago. I got a case on the same day, and it lives in the case pretty much, i have yet to drop it etc etc. Basically, i have been treating it better than a newborn baby.

I was in the pub on Saturday night, when i noticed the screen on it was flickering. I tried rebooting it, there and then but to no avail. When i got home, i restored the software through iTunes - problem remained, and then i copied all my apps back over and presto, it stopped.

Obviously i have googled, and many people seem to have a "flicker" problem resulting in setting up mulitple exchange mail accounts or something to that effect. All I had was a basic gmail account. Its worth noting that their problem, from my understanding at least was more comparable to the brightness wavering quickly, whereas with my iPhone, i could see lines appearing and disappearing all over the screen, and occasionally, the screen would shut off, of its own accord.

Since then, i have tried everything i could to try and replicate the problem, but i cant seem to. Is it worth my while bringing it to compuB or apple or will i just be waved away as the problem has fixed itself?

Cheers in Advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muggyog

I was in the pub on Saturday night, when i noticed the screen on it was flickering.
    Is the answer in the question??:)

Could be a bad solder joint or loose solder inside the unit. Hard to say since you have not been able to reproduce.

Advertisement