Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rome Hotel

Options
  • 21-03-2011 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I'm heading to Rome with my girlfriend in mid June and can't find a suitable hotel. We have a budget of around 500 for 8 nights which doesnt seem to cut it in Rome. We are looking for a 3-4 star hotel in a location which would mean we didn't have to get taxi's to all the main sights, going by foot would be great. Does anybody have any ideas for us...any would be appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

I'm heading to Rome with my girlfriend in mid June and can't find a suitable hotel. We have a budget of around 500 for 8 nights which doesnt seem to cut it in Rome. We are looking for a 3-4 star hotel in a location which would mean we didn't have to get taxi's to all the main sights, going by foot would be great. Does anybody have any ideas for us...any would be appreciated :)

I was in rome with my GF in november for 4 nights.

http://www.hotelbestroma.com/

Very small 3 star hotel but we loved it! Its a 5 min walk max from the Termini station, and 15 min walk from the Colleseum.

As i said - its small.No bar , restaurant etc but theres a breakfast every morning and its surrounded by lovely restaurants- all of which a relatively cheap.

I booked it on lastminute.ie and got cheaper than booking on the hoteld website so it pays to shop around .Im not sure if this is what you looking for - but it could be worth a look.Buses stop a 2 min walk away and the staff are extremely helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

We stayed here Very close to Termini, we walked everywhere, clean, spacious and friendly. Good value for money.

I don't think you'll get anywhere, let alone a 3/4*, for €500 for 8 nights, I imagine you'll need to double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I used aerlingus to book the hotel last time I went and got a good deal. (can't remember the exact hotel) - i don't think there is one website which is always going to be the best one so price around on a few

I booked a nice place near the Castel Sant'Angelo - very good spot for a couple as they have evening markets near it where you can sit out and have food, a drink and listen to live music - usually an older crowd/couples in that area from what I saw.

re termini - a lot of people say that area can be a bit dodgy, it isn't as bad as made out to be by a long shot. It's usually a bit cheaper to stay near because of the reputation, also it's easy to reach so it can make seeing other areas a lot easier when based there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Collona Palace hotel was very nice when we stayed there, nice rooftop breakfast room with a great view of the city. Five minute walk to the Trevi fountain and Spanish steps, 20 minutes to the Colleseum. Much closer than Termini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

We stayed there the first time we went to rome. Romes were nice and clean and people were really nice too but I just tried it for 8 nights in june and its over €900! :eek: I dont fancy your chances!

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/italy/rome/1594/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You are much more likely to get a one-bedroom apartment in your price range, very little chance of a hotel room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

B&B Viviroma
    Via Rattazzi 2F, Stazione Termini,

or

Vacanze Romane
    Via Carlo Alberto 26, Stazione Termini,

Stayed in it 5 years ago. Great location - a lot of stairs. Nice BnB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Can anyone tel me if the area this ishtel is in is decent or rough?

http://www.hotelclarin.it/inglese/dove_siamo.htm

or this one

http://www.hotelgrifo.com/inglese/dove_siamo.htm

Hotel Clarin is in a great location, near everything. It looks (Google Earth) like a shthole though

Hotel Grifo is also close to everything - gets great reviews too.

Neither hotel is in a rough area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Thanks very much sir.

Theres over 100 euro in the difference for a 4 night stay, Clarin being the cheapest. Not sure what to do.

Ill have a look on google street.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

There is a 10% discount on www.hotels.com by using the discount code HCttSPG10 .Book by May 8th. Travel by Jan 8th, 2012. Not sure though, if it works out any cheaper than other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

after reading many many reviews and what not i decided to go for hotel lirico. were getting 4 nights for €355. reviews seem to be very good all round

Advertisement