Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Bill Online Only

Options
  • 21-03-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone could shed any light on this. Is it possible to have a credit card but not receive a paper bill in the post. I get an online bill from ESB, they send me an email to advise me what my bill.
    Legally does the credit card company have to send you a paper bill also.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope. AIB's Click card comes with online only statements. MBNA allow you opt out and have online statements also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Nope. AIB's Click card comes with online only statements. MBNA allow you opt out and have online statements also.

As do BOI IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Thanks guys
    Here lies the problem. I rang ulsterbank and asked them is it possible to do this, they told me it is but i can only do it online. I log onto the site but cant find anywhere to request online credit card bills only.....I ring them back and they say it is on the site, lady talks me through everything and i am online while she is doing this but i am not getting the option to change it to online bills only.
    She says she is unable to do this for me as i have to do it myself......even though i am not getting the option to do it on the site!!!!

Anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Well you certainly SHOULD be able to do it on the site. I have no experience of UB Internet banking unfortunately but BOI have often done things for me that I couldn't do myself. Certain things you do have to do yourself like setting up a beneficiary or a bill/SO but something as simple as switching to paperless billing they would do, I'd be fairly confident of that. Sorry can't help but I would try ringing again, maybe the person you spoke to didn't feel like doing it or didn't know how to. If you get someone else you may be luckier.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭CashMoney

gavmcfad wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone could shed any light on this. Is it possible to have a credit card but not receive a paper bill in the post. I get an online bill from ESB, they send me an email to advise me what my bill.
    Legally does the credit card company have to send you a paper bill also.

Most strip clubs, adult phonelines etc are very discreet about what they put on the credit card statement so you should be OK ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

SteoL wrote: »
    As do BOI IIRC.

Nope, BOI refused to send me online statements only for either my bank accounts or credit card despite my asking. insisted they had to send at least one bank statement a year and monthly CC statements, even though I have access to 365 anyway...

Advertisement