Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla SEF urls issue

Options
  • 21-03-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all,
    working on a website using joomla 1.5. enabled SEF urls at the global configuration(like attached screen)152376.png
    I have renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess

problem is ,getting 404 error on every link other than home.we have done this many times in past without any problem.

Only difference here is hosting is with Blacknight (Linux hosting)and installed joomla using [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Application Vault

How to resolve this. Please help. am I missing anything?

Thanks for all your help.
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 team eGlobe

FYI
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    From blacknight support team...

Search-engine friendly URLs (SEF) are not compatible with installing Joomla through the Application Vault. If you want to use this component of Joomla you will need to install it manually.
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

FYI
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
    From blacknight support team...

Search-engine friendly URLs (SEF) are not compatible with installing Joomla through the Application Vault. If you want to use this component of Joomla you will need to install it manually.
    [/FONT]

I was going to go down the Application Vault way also but this warning stopped me.

So I do it manually,

1. Download the latest stable package from Joomla.org (Im still afraid of 1.6)
    2. Unzip on my C drive
    3. Set up the Database/User with Blacknight
    4. FTP the full 4,200 file / 792 folders / 26.8mb unzipped files (yawn I know)
    5. FTP my template
    6. Run thru the Joomla setup
    7. Bingo!

Then before I do anything else within admin I flick the switch to the SEF URLs!

Its a slog but at least Blacknight have that warning.

How far down the road are you with your website build?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 team eGlobe

Yes that's the steps. Only problem is, its time taking and chances of file become corrupted during ftp(depends on what ftp client u use).

In my case I figure out SEF urls not working only half way through the development, by that time have made many changes to core files and added many modules/pluggins etc.so after fresh installation had to overwrite all the files. the site is a revamp and currently live. so once everything is ready need to install joomla to domain root and do all over again(transfer) :( .

I am still using joomla 1.5.

Advertisement