Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shogun 2 Realm divide thoughts and opinions?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭

I would like to know what everyone thinks of this new feature to the game ?

Personally i know its a attempt to stop the steamroller effect that you can build up but i also think its a lazy way to solve it .

I managed to keep 1 strong ally but the AI also turned on him and it wiped him out no problem .

Now i have stacks of every enemy coming at me which is no problem i can hold them off and still take a territory every few turns , but now diplomacy is pointless.

The AI doesnt try to flank me or anything just keeps throwing stacks at my frontline , but the worst part is that i cant trust the AI to a simple castle defense so i need to fight every single battle myself .

Eg a simple 2000 defenders 2000 attackers
    Upgraded to Castle level so plenty of fallback space for defense Loads of bow men loads of spearmen , some katana calvary to mount raids on archers , loads of swordmen to plug any breach . A well balanced army

The Comp sends in a army consisting almost entirely of archers , simple win let archers battle it out a while then wipe them up with katana calv raids .
    Could do it with eyes closed

The Autoreslove cannot win this battle for me with a high level general with the castle defense perks picked.

In conclusion the Realm divide becomes montonous , tit for tat gameplay , with the AI not attempting any flanking etc.

IMO a bad solution to a problem , the realm divide was not necessary if they simply made the negative diplomacy penalty bigger the more you expand.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I agree, diplomacy doesn't take any part in the game after the realm divide. I lost 5 cities including my capital in one turn once everybody had turned on me including my allies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I agree, diplomacy doesn't take any part in the game after the realm divide. I lost 5 cities including my capital in one turn once everybody had turned on me including my allies.
    how do you find the auto resolve feature for battles?

how do you find the auto resolve feature for battles?

Slightly better than previous games, but not something I would depend on. Even with a 5*+ general and experienced samurai huge losses will be inflicted using autoresolve. I only tend to use it when I have a 65% + advantage.

Slightly better than previous games, but not something I would depend on. Even with a 5*+ general and experienced samurai huge losses will be inflicted using autoresolve. I only tend to use it when I have a 65% + advantage.
    as i have mentioned it just cant do castle defense , even if the AI sends a army consisting entirely of cavalry or archers it will lose badly against them which is non sensical

Realm divide mod, haven't tried it myself yet.
    Basically, instead of a slowly increasing Realm Divide that goes until it's -200 or more, this mod makes it a -50 penalty on normal that slowly decreases after time. Now, this penalty is higher on hard and above and lower on easy. The penalty is enough to split Japan into two with you and your Allies against the coalition trying to stop your spread of power

Doesn't affect steam achievements either.

• Advertisement

mod works anyway but have only played a few turns after the realm divide , usual story everyone turns on you bar a good ally , but the diplomacy penalty is decreasing each turn so at least after 25 turns the penalty is down to 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

It's not really a new feature, CA have often shook things up in the late game with what some would consider cheap shots. You had the massive Mongol invasions in the medieval games, and the Roman civil war in Rome for example.

Branoic wrote: »
    It's not really a new feature, CA have often shook things up in the late game with what some would consider cheap shots. You had the massive Mongol invasions in the medieval games, and the Roman civil war in Rome for example.
    the mongol invasion didnt remove the point of diplomacy in the game , neither did the roman civil war , this quite literally does as none of the factions will fight each other anymore just you

Advertisement