Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UlsterBank Overdraft with Student A/C

Options
  • 20-03-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi guys, I have a quick question.

I need to get money for Wednesday for college materials (I only thought of getting an overdraft tonight).

I have a student account with Ulster Bank. Do you know if I went in tomorrow to apply would it be approved by Wednesday? I have a regular income from a part time job that comes into my account every week so they'll see I have the money to pay it back and it says online that with student accounts it doesn't have to be paid back until you finish your degree anyway. Also, it says it is interest free for students - is there any other hidden charges apart from the fines for going over or failing to pay back?

Thanks for your time :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Should find out sooner than that. Ring and make an app, you may need pay slips from your job. No charge for over draft unless you exceed the limit. It will have an expiry date till this sept and your limit will reflect the year your in. If you go into another year the expiry date will extend to the following sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

student overdrafts with ulster bank are interest free for the first nine months from date of initial drawdown.

you shouldnt have any problem with getting one, banks tend to thrown money/credit cards at students!

student overdrafts with ulster bank are interest free for the first nine months from date of initial drawdown.

you shouldnt have any problem with getting one, banks tend to thrown money/credit cards at students!

Incorrect about the time frame.

1: Upfront interest free overdraft
    Available for Ulster Bank Student Customers upon application. The overdraft is an authorised overdraft limit (0% variable) available upfront to all Student Account Holders. The overdraft facility must be repaid within one year of course completion, provided the course does not exceed six years. The overdraft must not be exceeded without prior agreement of Ulster Bank. If the account goes into an unauthorised overdraft or exceeds an authorised overdraft, surcharge interest will be applied on any balance above the overdraft limit. Full details can be found in our leaflet A Guide to Personal Accounts Fees and Interest available from any Ulster Bank branch.

It is review yearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

thanks for the correction dude, strange cause when i was in my UB branch my student officer said it was interest free for the first nine months. must have been misinformed. happy days if youre right!

Well if you take one out in jan it will be up for renewal in sept so that would be nine months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement