Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

experienced producer/live sound engineer/bassist relocating to cork

Options
  • 20-03-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

due to work i'm relocating to cork in may. once i'm settled in and get the lie of the land work wise, i'll be looking to meet new people to jam with. i'm not gonna say i'm gonna join any bands right now as i dont know what commitment i can give yet....for now i just want to jam with like minded people.

bassist experience: playing bass (and a bit of guitar) for close to 20 years now (i'm 35) spent time from 96-2005 in dublin in a couple of original bands, and since then in the midlands in a few cover bands. my playing style is based on phil lynott/cliff burton/justin chancellor (guess what genre i liked as a novice bassist) but can turn my hand to almost any genre and am very open minded music wise. but rock would be my favourite.

producer experience: have helped friends and bands i'm in record and produce demos and commerical releases. i've been at it long enough to know what sounds good and what doesnt.

engineering experience: qualified as an engineer in 96, worked in radio mostly but have done a lot of freelance live stuff....im the the type that fights the urge to take over the sound desk at a gig if i think the sound is ****e.

If the above post comes across as a tad arrogant, then thats because i am. :D no seriously, ive been around the block enough not to bull**** anyone or tolerate it from anyone.

willing to jam with anyone who relates with the above post, gender or age doesnt matter.

bands i cut my musical teeth on:

metallica
    megadeth
    g'n'r
    pantera
    lizzy
    maiden (to a lesser extent)
    RATM

bands i love today:

tool
    a perfect circle
    karnivool
    porcupine tree

....and literally tons more. it'd be easier to look through my itunes library!

so anyone looking to jam in cork in the summer give me a shout!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Bump to add the gear I use.

Musicman stingray 4
    Olp Tony levin 5
    Fender geddy Lee jazz
    Ashdown amp

And a load of pedals...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Damnit where were you when I was living in Cork last year? Hope the move goes well for you anyway, Cork is a grand spot to live in.

aye, i'd say we're pretty musically compatible allright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jumpup123

Hows it going. Im wondering if your still looking to start a hard rock cover band in cork. I play guitar (playing 14 years or so) and am starting up a cover band. I have more or less same musical interests as you and similar age. Would you be interested in this or have you found a band already? Thx

Hey jump, just getting settled and moving into a spot in midleton next week, not found anything yet but would deffo be open to meeting up and discussing it. Like I said earlier with work commitments etc I'm not sure where I can go with it, but I'd like to dip my toe in the music scene here.

Pm me if you want contact details and we'll take it from there...

• Advertisement

summers here and i've a hankering to jam out some rock.....

Bump, would really like to at least jam with like minded people, no pressure or nothin, just itching to play!

Advertisement