Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awesome game, you've been warned

Options
  • 20-03-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up if you want to survive the outbreak! A Boardsie has built this location based survival game for Android. Here's the thread in the android forum about it. Good luck

Currently I'm Clean and in Ranelagh but I've to drive out to Bray in a few mins...there's a walker between me and Bray, hoping he's not going to infect me :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Does it have some sort of requirements, for a certain system, phone, or something to that effect?

Doesn't allow me to download it, just says I don't have an Android Phone or some garbage.

Yes, it's for android phones only at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

There's only one infected person in a few mile radius of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭heepie

I'm after infecting everybody in Galway after a drive by with a friend of mine...

aaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

have it on my phone, is there any way to actualy play it?

.SONIC. wrote: »
    have it on my phone, is there any way to actualy play it?

Hi Sonic, see here. At the moment survivors simply need to survive (By avoiding/hiding from zombies) and zombies need to get their fill of brains, by spreading the infection, which is done by tapping on uninfected users when they are in range. Because of the style of this game it needs a lot of people playing, so it will work best in areas where a lot of people have downloaded the app (see Dublin). Trying to spread the word via forums and facebook, but dublin (and there are quite a few people around California) is the only really busy place at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Completely AWESOME !!
    Time to go spread the word !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Awesome, but it's placed me miles from my actual location (which is much safer!)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im surrounded by Zombies! It looks like one is asleep on the m50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

nearest z is a good few miles away.......only player in my town...evan with the nui downtown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sounds cool but how is it actually played? If I'm infected, how do I infect someone, and if I'm clean, how do I avoid being infected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Please make an app version.

I needs this on mah IPODS NAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Downloading as we speak,beware!

Please make an app version.

I needs this on mah IPODS NAO!

Not as simple as just throwing an iPhone app together. Firstly you need a mac, which I don't have and can't afford right now, then I need to learn how to program in objective C, which shouldn't be too hard .. it's just macs are so damn expensive. I am planning on it though, as soon as I have funds, maybe if I get enough ad revenue from the android version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

http://www.adverts.ie/mac/g4-power-mac/529402

any use?

I'll pre buy the app off you for a fiver if that helps?

peatcass wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/mac/g4-power-mac/529402

any use?

I'll pre buy the app off you for a fiver if that helps?

I have been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a mac. Will need something more portable than that, I work full time so I need to be able to work on the app anywhere/anytime I can. Once I get the android version stable (post beta) I will try my best to get started on an iPhone version. Thanks for the offer :)

Not as simple as just throwing an iPhone app together. Firstly you need a mac, which I don't have and can't afford right now, then I need to learn how to program in objective C, which shouldn't be too hard .. it's just macs are so damn expensive. I am planning on it though, as soon as I have funds, maybe if I get enough ad revenue from the android version.

Although I sounded a little dumb earlier this is actually a really good idea and I think you should look into getting help on putting it on the app store.

Not for me, but I would seriously consider getting some help with getting this made and on to the app store. I can honestly see it taking off and at €0.79 a time...not bad at all.

Although I sounded a little dumb earlier this is actually a really good idea and I think you should look into getting help on putting it on the app store.

Not for me, but I would seriously consider getting some help with getting this made and on to the app store. I can honestly see it taking off and at €0.79 a time...not bad at all.

I may have just recruited someone to do an iPhone version .. will be a few weeks (maybe couple of months) but there should be an iPhone version in the future :)

I may have just recruited someone to do an iPhone version .. will be a few weeks (maybe couple of months) but there should be an iPhone version in the future :)

Aw cool, send me a PM if you do get it done. Cos knowing me, I'll have forgot about it in about a weeks time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Infection has reached Belgium - there's a guy called 'Wolf' near Ghent :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I'm safe at the moment....... but there's a Z that lives up the road from me :(

it's actually fun getting the bus through the city now XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Aw cool, send me a PM if you do get it done. Cos knowing me, I'll have forgot about it in about a weeks time :pac:

Me three please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

I need this app for my iPod touch!!!!

sucks to have an ipod :P

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Is there one for Symbian OS?

check the market :P
    I'm a zombie and no longer play it, I went to the gym and wasn't able to defend my location :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭mjcom4d

How are you getting on developing it for the ipod

Advertisement