Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrangements with creditors + mortgages

Options
  • 20-03-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Am just in the process of applying for a home loan with my g'friend & the section for Credit History on the application asks if you 'have ever been made bankrupt,made arrangements with creditors or been in arrears for existing/previous loans' ? About 8 yrs ago i got into difficulty repaying a couple of credit cards, extremely dumb, but i made arrangements with these creditors to pay them back a specific lump sum on a monthly basis until the balances were cleared. I applied for a credit history report from the icb there last year and none of these debts were included on the report, i also rang up the cc companies (one of which has since left ireland and was taken over by another company and they had no record of my bad history. the other said there was a debt of eur 170 and the debt had been moved to their debt collection section. I think this was due to govt stamp duty which i know i had discussed with them at the time and they said they would clear, but i had changed address after i cleared the balance and they didn't know how to get in touch with me re this outstanding duty and with interest over those yrs this amount totalled eur 170. i paid off that balance there and then. Anyways, they said it shouldn't really appear on my icb report which it didn't. So going back to the Credit History section on the home loan application, do i need to give details of the above cc difficulties given they don't appear on my credit report? do banks/mortgage companies have other ways of finding out about previous arrangements with creditors and arrears on previous loans ? any help on this would be much appreciated! thanks!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, you must make a full and honest disclosure on your mortgage application.

Advertisement