Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NETGEAR DG834GT MAC Issue

Options
  • 20-03-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I was trying to add a TOSHIBA Laptop to my internal wireless network today and failed because it kept telling me it was an invalid MAC address (which it isn't).

MAC address starts with "1C".

I tried entering it as "00" and then trying to restore from backup cfg file but this would not work either!

Any help/advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Most MAC addresses start with 00, maybe the Netgear doesn't like one that doesn't. Check the properties of the NIC, you may have an Advanced tab with a NetworkAddress value you can change.

I have one of these routers, but I'm not at home to check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Anyone else got some ideas? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I've just connected to my DG834GT, after spoofing my MAC to start with 1C, and it got an IP address just fine. Mine has the SKY firmware on it, but I doubt that makes a difference.

Advertisement