Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank records and applying for a mortgage

Options
  • 20-03-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am hoping someone can help me... does anyone know how long banks keep records of accounts/credit card statements/loans etc ? My partner and I are hoping to apply for a mortgage in the next couple of months and the bank I currently bank with and have been banking with for more than 10 years will more than likely be on our mortgage provider list. I had some money issues about 6/7 years ago with my current bank and I managed to get things back on track approx 5/6 years ago. I secured car finance of approx EUR 20K 5 years ago with my bank with no issues whatsoever, my bad history wasn't discussed or brought up. I have paid off this loan early. My ICB report is blank even though I have had a loan within the last 5 years but I understand that institutions don't always record loans. My concern is that when we do apply for a mortgage with this institution that they could recover my bad credit history with them 6/7 years ago ? How long do banks keep records for and has anyone else had experience of this ? Does your own bank go back through their own records of your history or do they just require the usual information that all banks require for mortgages ie current a/c statements over the past year and your approval allowing them to apply to the ICB for your credit report ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

They must keep info for 6 years miniumum but will have it for longer i do not doubt. They will check you out on their records as well as the ICB when considering your application.

Advertisement