Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse Chocolate Truffle Stout?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey, anyone know when this is available?? Usually this time of year!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Irish beer festival kicks off on Thursday so I'd say it'll be on the bar some time this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Guy in there today told me the 25th. Does this mean the hophead will be replaced cause i've come to love that beer.

Probably. That's seasonals for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Poster up advertising it in Porterhouse Central

Spoke to the brewer last night. 2011 Chocolate Truffle Stout is not yet brewed, so it'll be later in the year before it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'll have to get in and try this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I can't wait for this, my inner child and adult satisfied in one handy pint sized portion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was in Central last night and it's plastered all over the advertising for the Beer & Whiskey Festival that is currently running (some good beers on tap in there, I particularly liked the Trouble Brewing Dark Arts Porter).

Anyway, I spoke to the barman and he said the Chocolate Truffle Stout won't be in until Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Guy in there today told me the 25th. Does this mean the hophead will be replaced cause i've come to love that beer.

Well I was in Porterhouse temple bar on Wednesday and much to my dismay the Hop head was gone as I love it. They had Metalman in though which is a pretty similar beer (very hoppy), it's nicer in fact. Give that a try and it won't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Des wrote: »
    Anyway, I spoke to the barman and he said the Chocolate Truffle Stout won't be in until Easter

Yep, I asked in the Temple Bar one last night and was told the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ollaetta wrote: »
    Yep, I asked in the Temple Bar one last night and was told the same.
    BeerNut wrote: »
    Spoke to the brewer last night. 2011 Chocolate Truffle Stout is not yet brewed, so it'll be later in the year before it appears.

I would believe the brewer first ;)

Still plenty of time to get it brewed for Easter. I'd say it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Still plenty of time to get it brewed for Easter. I'd say it will be.
    Plenty? If it's not brewed yet I'd say that they're cutting it very fine

I'd have thought they could turn a stout around in a week or two. It's not like it has to be left to drop bright or condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I'd have thought they could turn a stout around in a week or two. It's not like it has to be left to drop bright or condition.

They could also be under pressure to brew running beers for the new your establishment too?

Why wouldn't they need to condition it? Stouts generally benefit from conditioning no?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they need to condition it?
    'Cos they're going to pump it full of nitro. I'm sure if there was a way of getting yeast to excrete nitrogen Diageo would have figured it out by now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

oblivious wrote: »
    They could also be under pressure to brew running beers for the new your establishment too?
    The what? :confused:

"new US establishment"?
    (I'm definitely not getting any beer brewed for me by the Porterhouse. I have my 20L plastic buckets and I'm sticking with them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Was in there last Wednesday and the Choc stout was still not in. Anyone have an update?

• Advertisement

Only that it's not on the programme for the Franciscan Well this weekend either.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

They had it at their Belgian beer festival one year, the logic being that chocolate was Belgian so why not have a chocolate beer. Or something like that.

Although I haven't heard if they are running that festival again yet this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Folks, anyone know if this has been brewed yet? Have a thirst on for a bit of this stuff... presume all the porterhouse's will be stocking it? North is my closest.

Zymurgist wrote: »
    Although I haven't heard if they are running that festival again yet this year.
    They definitely are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Was in the Porterhouse Templebar last night and asked the barman if he knew when this would be in.

He said that the original batch of Chocolate Truffle Stout got infected and had to be binned. :(
    The Brewery is currently at full capacity so hes not sure when it will be brewed again, could be later this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Thanks for the update slayerking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Wrighty82

I tried it once last year or so. It was an odd taste alright. Hope the batch I had it from wasn't infected

Wrighty82 wrote: »
    I tried it once last year or so. It was an odd taste alright. Hope the batch I had it from wasn't infected

It wouldn't have been on sale if it was infected, hence the latest batch getting binned.

Advertisement