Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bachelor of science in social and healthy studies?

Options
  • 20-03-2011 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

http://www.lyit.ie/courses/nursinghealthstudies/ly917/

What's this course like in terms of course work, male:female ratio (not that it's affecting my choice etc but i'd like to know!)
    around how many LC points is it? and what careers can you get out of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edg

my cousin is in yr 2 of this degree, she finds the course work very heavy, six modules per semester with a months placement as well. between year 1 and year 3 there is around 6 males, 20 on average in each group so u do the maths, small number of males all round.:mad:

lectures are suppose to be lovely and very approachable with regards to feedback on assignments and exams.:)

level 7 you could work in childrens services, family support in the community or residential, marketing, disability services, youth reach programmes, mental health services, health promotions, lots more but cant think right now.

at the moment LYIT do not have the level 8 but hoping to get it approved in June to start in September. Having the level 8 will also bring many more advantages as you can progress to masters level for example teaching in third level, social work, and if you had your irish in leaving cert apply for post grad in primary teaching etc

because the course has the advantage of going on various placements this can help decide what area of work you would like to pursue.

hope this helps and best of luck, dont let the fact that few males are on the course at the moment put you off:)

edg

Advertisement