Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote Photos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

not advailable, perhaps they require one to sign up to view, i was there in january beautiful, quite and so so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Looks fab! cant wait to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Clareboy wrote: »
    Here are a small sample of the photos that I took on Lanzarote during my recent holiday there.

http://www3.snapfish.ie/snapfishie/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=11463825011/a=4694495011_4694495011/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/

Thanks for sharing the photos. Do you mind me asking which island did you prefer? Would like to back someday again. Have been to Puerto Del Carmen and Matagorda which are beside each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 milesfromlanza

Choice of areas to stay in Lanzarote really depends on what you want to do when you are there. If your interest is nightlife, head for Puerto del Carmen (Matagorda is actually part of the town itself). There are many clubs and music venues on the Avenida de las Playas (better known as 'The Strip'), where life starts at about 9pm.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a family resort, try Playa Blanca, which has hundreds of Lanzarote villas for holiday rental. There are some great beaches here, and very safe for the kids. Restaurant choice is fantastic, and there is also a marina at Marina Rubicon, with fabulous boats, shops and eating places, AND a Cafe del Mar!

Hope you have a great holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hiya guys,

My Mum and Dad are interested in going on a sun holiday in late November/early December.

I have found good value flights from knock airport to Lanzarote-Arrecife in late November, and am just trying to find out as much info on the place as possible as my parents wouldn't be the most travel savvy.
    On the other hand, if you are looking for a family resort, try Playa Blanca, which has hundreds of Lanzarote villas for holiday rental. There are some great beaches here, and very safe for the kids. Restaurant choice is fantastic, and there is also a marina at Marina Rubicon, with fabulous boats, shops and eating places, AND a Cafe del Mar!

This is great info, as my parents would not be the party type :)

Would the island still be active during Late November??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 milesfromlanza

Hi JJayoo,

There are various information sites about Lanzarote that provide plenty of information on Lanzarote villas and apartments for rent, car hire, hotels, resort guides and the cultural and historical background of the island.

Your parents are coming at a good time, as the weather is still really warm during the day, though chillier at night. For that reason, if they are staying in a private villa and keen to use the swimming pool, you or they may want to check that it is heated - some owners charge extra for that now on top of the base rental.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards
    Miles

http://www.allthingslanzarote.com

Thanks milesfromlanza :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

as an old wrinkley who visits lanzorotte each january i can tell that your parents can not go to a better place, quite, well policed one is never looking over ones shoulder, the san antonio area of porto del carmen is where i base my self, self catering is best, one can eat when one wants, breakfast if required is 1.99, a nice dinner starts at 7.99. the best guiness is usually in the english or scots bars, the local beer/lager is nice, the german stuff is to me is vile, tell them go and explore then enjoy.

Thanks for the info Flutered. Happy to know that its a safe area. I will do some more research and come back and pester ye guys with questions at a later date :D :pac:

Advertisement