Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Pro slow to go to sleep

Options
  • 19-03-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Up until last week my Macbook pro would go into sleep mode within 2 seconds when I closed the lid but now it's taking about 1 to 2 minutes to sleep. I've deleted all the printers as this problem is usually a print queue related problem. I just don't know how to fix it. It's annoying when you want to move quickly after closing the lid and i don't like moving a laptop with a spinning drive.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have you disabled hibernation mode? Otherwise it's normal for it to take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭yer man!

Well I haven't changed any settings since sleep mode started taking ages to start. My 90 day Phone cover just ended 2 weeks ago. It's supposedly a common problem but I can seem to rectify it where others have had success.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Maybe Apple have tweaked it on the newest MBPs, but on previous MacBooks when you put the machine to sleep the contents of the RAM was also saved to the disk in case the battery failed. With hard disks this usually took up to a minute unless you disabled it.

Advertisement