Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second credit card with AIB

Options
  • 19-03-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

I have aib clear visa credit card and I've decided to get mastercard so I applied for be mastercard thru aib internet banking and was declined straight away.
    Does it mean that I can hold one credit card account with aib only?

cc account paid in full and always on time, never missed any other payments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Is clear a student credit card or a normal credit card ?

Why do you need 2 credit cards for, it not be easier to seek an increase in the limit of your current credit card ? With two cards you will be charged €30 for each card for government stamp duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Is clear a student credit card or a normal credit card ?

regular clear credit card

Why do you need 2 credit cards for, it not be easier to seek an increase in the limit of your current credit card ? With two cards you will be charged €30 for each card for government stamp duty.

to manage separately with the second limit,
    basically I need it for another person and it can't be an additional card holder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ring them, I'd say the online system won't allow you to apply for security reasons. You can def have more than one credit card, I see people with them all the time. 0818 724 724 put in your details for P&I and hit 0 to get through to a CSA.

strange they would not allow an authorised user on it, friend of mine was an authorsied user on his fathers card when we has way travelling for 6 months, it was an AIB credit visa card.

strange they would not allow an authorised user on it, friend of mine was an authorsied user on his fathers card when we has way travelling for 6 months, it was an AIB credit visa card.

name on the card may be different than a main cc account holder's name

• Advertisement

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    name on the card may be different than a main cc account holder's name

Card was in his name father had a card in his name also, its two cards but worked off one account same limit etc father could see what he was spending etc also no stamp duty for that, stamp duty is per account not per card

Card was in his name father had a card in his name also, its two cards but worked off one account same limit etc father could see what he was spending etc also no stamp duty for that, stamp duty is per account not per card

You missed the point, its not about additional card holder.
    The thing is I don't want to share my current cc limit with someone else.
    I need to get another cc account,even with the lowest limit for someone, who cannot get cc.
    of course Iam ready to pay stamp duty twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

I need to get another cc account,even with the lowest limit for someone, who cannot get cc.

So, basically, you want to commit fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 garybiz1

ring the garda

dotsman wrote: »
    So, basically, you want to commit fraud?

nonsense,rather reasonable security reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

nonsense,rather reasonable security reasons

Would you mind explaining what they are? I have no problem giving someone advice if they are genuine.

That card will be in your name, not that persons name if they go a bank abroad to get cash they will need their passport, passpart name and card are different!!

This sounds dodgy to me, why cant they get a card in their own name ?
    If you do get a 2nd card and give it to someone else and they totally abuse the card it goes on YOUR credit rating

dotsman wrote: »
    Would you mind explaining what they are? I have no problem giving someone advice if they are genuine.

sure:

1. it's not possible to set up a max spending limit on an additional card holder card, therefore they might have full access to your full credit limit.
    if they are careless, it would be a huge risk, even if you trust them

2. it's not easy to manage with day to day transactions, (mainly shops and internet) for main cardholder card and additional card holder.

3. aib issued visa cards with the same number for all cards within 1 account (if you cancel additional card,you have to get a new card for your self too)

That card will be in your name, not that persons name if they go a bank abroad to get cash they will need their passport, passpart name and card are different!!

- obviously the card could be with proper name on it

This sounds dodgy to me, why cant they get a card in their own name ?

- poor credit scoring, short employment time etc...

If you do get a 2nd card and give it to someone else and they totally abuse the card it goes on YOUR credit rating

sure...you will never know whats going to be

why cant they get a card in their own name ? have they a bad credit rating ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This reeks of dodgy dealings. OP, if you want to explain clearly what is going on, you can PM me and I'll consider re-opening the thread, but I have to admit, I'm finding it hard to think of a good explanation for what you are doing.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement