Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebecca Blacks Friday sung by Bob Dylan

Options
  • 19-03-2011 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

The source of Rebecca Black's hit single "Friday" is revealed in this lost recording from Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

You do realise its not really a Dylan cover right? Tis fake a very good fake nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

You do realise its not really a Dylan cover right? Tis fake a very good fake nonetheless.

Nah. This is one of the lesser known Dylan tracks from the 60's. I still have the original vinyl up in the attic somewhere. Probably going to be worth some money now. If you check wiki you will see it's there.

"Friday" (5:48): This song was only ever performed live twice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Basement_Tapes_songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

anyone can edit wikipedia:pac:

storm2811 wrote: »
    anyone can edit wikipedia:pac:

True, but my mom was a huge Dylan fan and she used to sing this to me when I was a kid. When he says that yesterday was thursday...even though its friday. I dont know it still gets to me. Gives me goosebumps every time. Lyrics almost everyone can relate to...genius that is only Dylan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

btard wrote: »
    True, but my mom was a huge Dylan fan and she used to sing this to me when I was a kid. When he says that yesterday was thursday...even though its friday. I dont know it still gets to me. Gives me goosebumps every time. Lyrics almost everyone can relate to...genius that is only Dylan

Hmm interesting...

6/10
    Would get trolled again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

In a similar vein did you know The Beatles originally wrote Telephone? which was a huge hit for Lady Gaga a while ago. Prefer the original myself - Gaga is shit. ;)

I was born in 1976 in Nashville, TN. My dad was playing the 8 track of this song in the Mercury Grand Marquise on the way home from the hospital. He said that my first words were... "partyin' partyin' yeah", "partyin' partyin' yeah".  I was 2 weeks old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Nice job copying and pasting the top rated comments from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM&feature=related

:rolleyes:

Anyway, here is the original video:

Some funny comments in the description.

I think if the guy who recorded this applied to make a cover of the Rebbecca black song, and it was granted, and recorded it like this, that he could have had a hit, as to the gullible people; this is
    not really a bob dylan song, its just a guy pretending to be him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

btard wrote: »
    Nah. This is one of the lesser known Dylan tracks from the 60's. I still have the original vinyl up in the attic somewhere. Probably going to be worth some money now. If you check wiki you will see it's there.

"Friday" (5:48): This song was only ever performed live twice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Basement_Tapes_songs

Should have guessed with your name and all :rolleyes:

troll_fail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Good troll. Convincing Troll. Good parody.

ignore the begrudgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I enjoyed that, a good effort indeed :P Something about Bob Dylan's style of singing that can make something completely ****e and without any intrinsic semantic value sound wistful and poetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Good troll. Convincing Troll. Good parody.

ignore the begrudgers.
    No, its an unsuccessful troll. Stealing the comments off the original video, and uploading this video, and trying to make out its theirs. Why is there so many stolen videos on your account troll?

Who is the guy who actually recorded this song? I would like to hear his other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Adyx wrote: »
    In a similar vein did you know The Beatles originally wrote Telephone? which was a huge hit for Lady Gaga a while ago. Prefer the original myself - Gaga is shit. ;)

This is actually quite catchy.

Advertisement