Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Film Night in Aid of Japanese Red Cross From UL A&MS - 23rd March 2011

Options
  • 18-03-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

znsjkp.jpg

Hey Guys,

To raise money for the in aid of the current crisis in Japan after the terrible 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami the UL Anime and Manga Society (Full Disclosure : which I am Treasurer of) are holding a Charity Fundraiser.

We’re hosting a very special ‘Film Night’ on Wednesday 23rd of March. at 6:30pm in the Jonathan Swift (B1-023), in our University, the University of Limerick.

We’re screening two movies, which we feel demonstrate the height & incredible talent of Japanese film:

Spirited Away – Hayao Miyazaki – Studio Ghibli – PG Rating

Ran – Akira Kurasawa - Greenwich Film Productions – 12s Rating

The event will be introduced by Barbara Geraghty from the University’s Japanese Department.

As part of the event we’ll be raffling donated prizes and having a bake sale during the intermission.

During the week we’ll be selling Origiami Cranes and operating a Wish Board to show sympathy for those lost or still suffering in Japan.

All donations will go to the Japanese Red Cross Society. If you are unable to attend and still wish to contribute, you can donate directly on the Google Crisis Response site here or on through the Japanese Red Cross Society site here.
    More details and directions to the University here.

Really hope to see you there.

10namhs.jpg120msy1.jpg

P.S. Poster mistake fixed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I doubt I will be going to this as I am very busy but I wish you success with it and hopes it goes well.

Advertisement