Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube on HTC Wildfire

Options
  • 18-03-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

I got the htc wildfire recently and I'm having problems watching some YouTube videos on it. Sometimes I get a message saying 'sorry, this video cannot be played'. It happens when using the youtube app or on the internet and more videos don't work than do. Is this a common problem or should I be going back to the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

It's a problem with the YouTube app since a recent update. It's been happening on my Hero as well, and if you Google the message you'll see it's been happening loads of Android phones all over the world for several weeks now. It's infuriating that Google hasn't fixed it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

So is there anything I can do or is it just a case of waiting for google to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Some people have reported that clearing the cache in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> YouTube worked. Others say reinstalling the app from the Market worked for them. Neither made any difference for me.

Just tried both and neither worked for me unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭frash

conf101 wrote: »
    Just tried both and neither worked for me unfortunately!

Restarting the phone always works for me (Galaxy S) but it's a pain

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »
    Restarting the phone always works for me (Galaxy S) but it's a pain

I was always getting this error & could only resolve it by restarting the phone.

However I've found on another forum that's it actually a problem with the official Twitter app - once I uninstalled it then I haven't seen the issue since.

Might be worth a go if you have it installed.

frash wrote: »
    I was always getting this error & could only resolve it by restarting the phone.

However I've found on another forum that's it actually a problem with the official Twitter app - once I uninstalled it then I haven't seen the issue since.

Might be worth a go if you have it installed.

I assume you mean the Youtube app?

conf101 wrote: »
    I assume you mean the Youtube app?

Nope - the Twitter app bizarrely

Once I uninstalled it then the YouTube app, the default video recorder & other apps such as IMDB were able to play videos again ok & not report "Sorry, this video cannot be played"

Advertisement