Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of hiring a house cleaner

Options
  • 18-03-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Roughly how much does a cleaner charge for domestic cleaning? How much would you pay a cleaner that comes on a daily basis?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Most people get cleaners weekly rather than daily, going rate is anywhere from 9 Euro to 30 Euro per hour for the real professions. I think the average though is 12 - 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

contract cleaners start from 15 per hour.

If you have more than 2 or 3 hours per day you could employ a cleaner for minimum wage. You'd have to provide the cleaning equipment and supplies and pay tax etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

I actually meant to say 'weekly'. Why would you have to pay tax??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

Sorry that was a really stupid question. I mean Would u have to pay tax if the woman was just working for herself?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Well assuming the woman wasn't breaking the laws she'd have to declare and pay income tax. And if she was over the Vat threshold, which is unlikely, you'd be charged VAT. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement