Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Review my Creche/Montessori site

• 18-03-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

I might as well throw up my latest design to have it ripped to shreds :D

http://www.siogabeaga.com

Just looking for some opinions and a bit of constructive criticism.

Note: One problem I am aware of is that the google map seems a bit vague right now, I'm waiting on a postcard from google to verify the business on google places.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

I think this design is really nice,
    The only problem i have with it is the white links at the top are hard to read with the light background.
    I also think it would be handy to have a contact form???
    You might consider reviewing my site too?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056212609

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

some unreadable character found, seems like Chinese or Japanese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

en.r4cart wrote: »
    some unreadable character found, seems like Chinese or Japanese

Where? Is it the "i" in sioga? It has a fada in some places I think, but I can't see anything wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

It's very good.

The only things I would adjust would be the white menu links at the top and justify the text on the content pages. Other than that fair play.

I like the white text, though I can see that there just isn't enough contrast. I'd probably be more open to slightly darkening the background*, do ye think that would be a good or bad idea?

Edit: *I've done that now, any better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You really need to up your contrast on quite a few elements. Also make the nav bold. Try to not have the nav in a table. The white text on such a background isn't good at all and it's not about what you like, it's about what works for the users.

Tinkerbell logo is nice but might run into copyright issues.

I'd tweak the homepage content to display more sales oriented content with calls to action above the fold. Also try to talk more in terms of what you can do to address customers' issues as opposed to talking in terms of 'we are', 'we do'.

Didn't spot menus.

Use accreditation logos where possible. Accreditation gets lost in text too easily.

Customer testimonials are an idea.

Stick a form on the contact page.

No meta descriptions.

However the elephant in the room when it comes to childcare websites is not listing the prices. I was researching childcare sites a few days ago and only one out of about 50 listed the prices. This is extremely annoying to users. It is a fundamental piece of information. We all know and are somewhat resigned to it being expensive. Making users jump through extra hoops by picking up the phone to find prices when they are easily displayed on the site undermines one of the reasons for having a site which is to give out information.

hth and gl

tricky D wrote: »
    Tinkerbell logo is nice but might run into copyright issues.

I had considered this but they were already using this before I came along.
    Use accreditation logos where possible. Accreditation gets lost in text too easily.

I'll look into it
    Customer testimonials are an idea.

Never thought of that, I'll run it by the owner.
    Stick a form on the contact page.

Will do
    No meta descriptions.

An oversight, I'll sort that too.
    However the elephant in the room when it comes to childcare websites is not listing the prices. I was researching childcare sites a few days ago and only one out of about 50 listed the prices. This is extremely annoying to users. It is a fundamental piece of information. We all know and are somewhat resigned to it being expensive. Making users jump through extra hoops by picking up the phone to find prices when they are easily displayed on the site undermines one of the reasons for having a site which is to give out information.

I had suggested this, I'll mention it again. I agree with you on this, I think if at all possible prices should be displayed on pretty much any kind of site.

Thanks for your input

Advertisement