Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TramoreSurfShop.com Please Review

• 18-03-2011 6:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello,

This is our Website.
    We are a Surf Shop and Surf School in Tramore, Co Waterford.

www.tramoresurfshop.com
    www.tramoresurfschool.com

I have done all the work over the last 5 years putting this site together and this is the current version.

I would like some people to tell me where I can improve. I am in no way a professional webdesigner, more a hobbyist but I would like to improve the website.

I am aware there are problems with the Facebook Like button, Im struggling to get it fixed.

Thanks
    Nick

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

Nice website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Just a few first impressions:

-You have two URLs to the same site - major no-no. Use one and stick with it.

-The image at the top of page is taking up way too much space - using up the most valuable real-estate on the page. It could be a lot smaller - or remove altogether - and doesn't really add much. The image itself is also a bit dull/dark.

-Overall I find the site a bit dull and hard to read. Too much blue and the blue-on-blue isn't great and it's hard to read the text as a result.

-Ask yourself - what do I want a visitor to my site to do? What do I want to achieve? The site doesn't speak to me at all right now. Presumably you want people to sign up to the Easter surf school and to hire boards and wetsuits - however the areas advertising these are all down the page and not very visible! I shouldn't have to go looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

have to agree, the top picture would turn me of going to tramore as it looks very dull. I think a much more colourful page would be more benificial but fair play on giving it a go, i wouldnt know where to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

+1 on 2 domains being bad.

You should have a privacy policy for the newsletter.

Any special offers?

Use the title tag better especially for location keywords. Welcome in title is pointless.

Why 3 Google site verifications?

Your main page heading should be h1.

Update the copyright year on all pages.

Add to Cart call works better as an orange button.

Webcam isn't horizontal.

http://www.tramoresurfshop.com/images/bookonline.gif has jagged curve edges.

Put a bit more into typography e.g. make the prices bold.

Some of the social media graphics are badly resized and jagged.

Some email addresses are not mailto links.

+1 on the top graphics needing treatment to make them less dull. Also should link to homepage not the same page.

No info on shipping and reurns page, privacy page and conditions.

hth and gl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Colm_purchase

Looked at the site initially using Internet Explorer 7 and there are issues with the bottom of the page.
    You Tube link is hidden behind the copyright banner at the bottom of the page and same issue with the 'forgotten password' 'forgot username' 'create account' part.
    Mind you also checked it in Mozilla Firefox and it was fine.
    If you got google analytics account set-up check to see what percentage of visitors are coming through IE7 and try sorting this issue out if it is a high percentage.
    Im no expert but am wondering if you might be using too many keywords and if this might just pee off google? 'Can't see how 'beach' 'weather' or 'webcam' can really help you achieve targetted traffic.
    Agree with the previous poster that said the banner at the top is too big.
    Other than that well done it looks like you put plenty of time and effort into it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement