Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Drogheda] Pattern Imprinted Concrete

Options
  • 18-03-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get PIC (Pattern Imprinted Concrete) put down at the side and back of the house, and looking to get quotes now. Any recommendations?

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Might not be the cheapest but they did my parents ones http://www.oldbridge.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My uncle does it, he's from just outside Collon, does an excellent job, you can email him here - stampcrete2005[at]yahoo.com

Or contact me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I have seen PIC around where I live, it doesn't look very durable on driveways. In your case it's footpaths, but I would just be aware of the durability.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks everyone, I have gone off the PIC idea - I might go for blocks instead, like in here.

http://www.pavingexpert.com/bpvseq01.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Contact Kilsaran Lifestyle for local contractors, local company and a great range of products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

The block or brick look lovely if they are well maintained but leave them for say any length of time and the weeds come up between them also if they get Stained at all (oil from a car) they can be hard to get back if you powerwash them you run the risk of making them unstable because you wash away the filling in between them do that and u have more weeds.
    Whereas with the concrete all you need is a good yardbrush

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks blondie31276, I am yet to decide which way to go - PIC or the concreate flag/blocks DIY route. Cost and the quality are the main concerns. Like FSL above, would you be able to give me a quote if I give you the dimensions / layout?

Thanks a mill!

PS: I would love to DIY this but I am not really sure I know enough on how to go about it. I have read everything at pavingexpert.com, but I don't know what to do with this meter wide concrete pavement I have around the house. Can I flag over it, and if I do, how would I make sure the rest of the paving is supported at the same level so that it won't develop cracks later etc, and if I were to lay flags over it, how will I bed (?) the flags over concrete - just sand or cement etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

Ive got brick paving on my driveway and I have no problems with weeds or moss or sand coming out they are Tegula bricks and at least if you have a problem it is very easily repaired as you just lift a few bricks and relay them, but if you have a problem with the concrete like my neighbours have its totally ruined, I will take a few pictures of the damaged drives and post them up.
    How much does the sealing of the concrete cost?

Advertisement