Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script Advice

Options
  • 18-03-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi Guys,

I have written a script for a cartoon. A short script just to give the feel for my idea. I have never written a script before and would love to get advice from someone with experience as to whether its any good or not. Does anyone know where I could send my script just to get a bit of feedback. Note: My cartoon script is more of an adult comedy, inspired by simpsons, family guy and adult swim humour.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hi Cordo,

There are a couple of professional scriptwriters posting on the forum (see one or two threads down). If you feel like posting it up in public, fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cordo

Is it possible to PM them with it? More of a case of just trying to get feedback more than anything? Or is there a rule that things like this are to be put up publicly in the forum?

No rule and no requirement whatsoever. Some people are happy to get PMs, other not so, I guess it's a question of etiquette as to how you approach people.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cordo

With that in mind so can I open this up to everyone.

I have written my first cartoon script and would love some feedback on it. I have a slightly edgier sense of humour (based on Family Guy and Adult Swim) so I did not want to put it up publicly in case anyone might feel insulted. In saying that I wouldn’t consider it insulting but everyone is different. I would love some feedback on it and any thoughts from anyone so please let me know if you would be interested in looking at it and I will pm you with it. Cheers

I'll take a look and give you my non-expert opinion if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Cordo wrote: »
    With that in mind so can I open this up to everyone.

I have written my first cartoon script and would love some feedback on it. I have a slightly edgier sense of humour (based on Family Guy and Adult Swim) so I did not want to put it up publicly in case anyone might feel insulted. In saying that I wouldn’t consider it insulting but everyone is different. I would love some feedback on it and any thoughts from anyone so please let me know if you would be interested in looking at it and I will pm you with it. Cheers

I'll be happy to read it Cordo. there's also Write Club, which pickarooney might give you access to?

Advertisement