Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i lodged a cheque into my AIB Bank account yesterday??? please help

Options
  • 18-03-2011 12:25am

So i lodged it in yesterday, and it still isn't into my account. Should i be worried. The woman who cashed it, im not being rude, was not the brightest tool in the box. She looked like she didn't know what she was doing and was awkward throughtout the entire procedure. She said though i should have the cheque in last night

What should i do?? should i be worried??

please help lol

also the cheque was made out for aib bank

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭rameire

it may only reach today.
    due to yesterday being a bank holiday.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Cheques can take 3-5 working days to clear. Given that yesterday was a bank holiday it could be next tuesday by the time it clears and hits your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

If it was lodged it should appear on your account but you would not have access to the funds until the cheque clears. Was it a sizeable cheque or just an ordinary wages etc seeing the teller was awkward during the procedure ?

Advertisement