Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCal query

Options
  • 17-03-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Totally new to Macs so apologies if this is something simple and obvious!

I have iCal synced with Google Calendar. Is it possible to have iCal notifications on the desktop toolbars for upcoming events etc without iCal being open? Example being when I click the day/time at the top toolbar that it would show upcoming events in the calendar and maybe an alert fr those with ones set...again with iCal not being open?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm not sure what you mean by desktop toolbars, but you have the option to set an alarm when you are creating a new event. This will alert you even if iCal is closed. If you go into iCal's preferences you can also set a default alarm for all events. A window will pop to remind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

The Google Notifier app, creates a menu bar notifier for mails and calendar items in Google Calendar.

- barry

http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_mac.html

Advertisement