Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIN WAGE REDUCTION REVERSED IMMEDIATELY ! ! !

Options
  • 17-03-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I really wouldnt want to have a life or have any plans for myself

Yesterday I dropped a note, with details of my availability in to my immediate "boss".

It did not include working tomorrow. Tomorrow I had planned to read and research, as per my college schedule, But I was called up today, and asked if I could come in TOMORROW. less than 24 hours notice, having already, given a note in to the office to state my availability WHICH DID NOT INCLUDE TOMORROW!

I have already endured a reduction in the minimum wage, but now apparently my time is not even my own any more.

Have any of the managers and people at the top endured cuts like people living on subsistance income have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Yep,I understand your frustration.Used to work in a place whereby you could tell the boss one thing and they'd still be asking you to work etc.

At minimum wage,they are cost saving and obviously cos poor you is in college and on minimum wage they may think a) you need the money and/or b) you are also cost effective.

Do you not have the option of saying no if you can't work?The Organisation Of Working Time Act clearly states that your roster can't be changed within or less than 24 hours before your rostered shift starts with the exception of an agreement between emplyer/employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Op here,

Ya, I was wrong. Looking at my schedule, I had actually given the next day as a day of availability, but it's still good to know that Organization of Working time act rule though.

Thanks

Advertisement