Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Job

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

jmolloy wrote: »
    http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*2B010C34DEC11FA9

If I drove I'd apply for this in a second, would quite happily be dogsbody

What's your year's experience in TV writing or production?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just to copypasta for reference....
    Job Title : Writer Assistant

Description
    If you are looking to learn all aspects of Creative Writing from the leaders in sports entertainment, then WWE is the place for you. As a Writer's Assistant, you would have the opportunity to work closely with the Creative Writing Team in all aspects of the writing process, including, but not limited to:
    • Assisting with directing and producing taped and live vignettes and promos
    • Typing and distributing scripts, promos, formats, etc.
    • Taking meeting notes and pitching story ideas
    • Maintaining storyboard schedules
    • Acting as a "runner" for Writers and Field Producers, particularly in locating and coordinating talent
    • Running errands (food and supply runs, etc.)
    • Acting as liaison to WWE Global Media (dot.com) department
    • Performing clerical tasks such as faxing, photocopying, and filing
    • Anticipating the needs of the department and planning ahead to assure efficient departmental functioning

Requirements:
    • Minimum of one year TV Writing and/or Production experience
    • Strong WWE product knowledge
    • Enthusiastic work ethic and a flexible schedule that allows for long hours and extensive traveling
    • Driver's license and car/truck
    • BA/BS degree in Film/TV/Drama, Media Studies, Communications, English, or related field
    • Organized, detail-oriented, and proactive
    • Dependable and motivated to execute all tasks, no matter how logistical or administrative, with speed and enthusiasm
    • Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and keyboarding
    • Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
    TP*
    Office Location WWE Corporate Office - Stamford
    Job Category Creative Writing
    Apply On-line Click Here to Apply On-line
    Send to a Friend Click Here to Send This Position to a Friend

Technically this would be my dream job but I reckon it's actually hell on earth, listening to Lagana et Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

On paper it sounds amazing, being involved with something that you love so much, and getting to be a part of the writing staff, seeing how it all goes down and that.

But when you read a little closer:
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    • Running errands (food and supply runs, etc.)
    • Acting as liaison to WWE Global Media (dot.com) department
    • Performing clerical tasks such as faxing, photocopying, and filing

Those are probably what all of your time would be spent doing.
    Being a little run around with long ass hours and heavy traveling.

And also:
    Strong WWE product knowledge
    Did anyone else lol?
    As if you need that! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    On paper it sounds amazing, being involved with something that you love so much, and getting to be a part of the writing staff, seeing how it all goes down and that.

But when you read a little closer:

Those are probably what all of your time would be spent doing.
    Being a little run around with long ass hours and heavy traveling.

And also:

Did anyone else lol?
    As if you need that! :rolleyes:

these are the **** but essential jobs anyone trying to break into the media industry has to do. Runner positions as they are called are generally around to be a dogs body and in England ends up making a sh!t load of tea. If I was in america and had a valid driving license etc I would have applied for this a few years back. Its always best to take these rubbish jobs somewhere you know a lot about the company and its history as the only way to move up / get another better job is to impress someone you work with or be there long enough to impress a fan of theres elsewhere.

Advertisement