Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Economics Conference - Road to Recovery

Options
  • 17-03-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Our first Economics Conference takes place this Saturday in Boole 1.

Different Roads to Recovery

Saturday 19th March, 10 am - 6pm in BOOLE 1, UCC (for directions see http://www.ucc.ie/en/visitors/maps/)

10am - Opening: Chair Economics Society, Chair Politics Society, Heads of Departments.

10.15 - 11.45am - From Clash to Compromise: Is Deficit Reduction AND Keynesian Expansion possible?
    Tom McDonnell (TASC) + Seamus Coffee (UCC) Robbie Butler (UCC)
    12 - 1.30pm - Taming the Banks and Bondmarkets : Regulation, Prosecution and Defaults.
    Peter Matthews TD (Former ICC, 25 yrs exp), Arthur Doohan (offsetdebt.net - former bondtrader, 15yrs exp)
    1.30 - 2.30pm - Lunch

After lunch- From Vicious to Virtuous Cycle: Monetary Policy, Banking Reform and New Currencies. moved to earlier time slot at 2.30
    Ben Dyson (Positive Money, UK) and Richard Douthwaite (Feasta)

- Various Workshops -

5.45pm - Summary/Closing

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106180676129852

Open to the public!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

Thanks, I hadn't heard about this before. As people can probably tell from my signature, I'm very interested in seeing Ben Dyson's presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Slippers wrote: »
    Thanks, I hadn't heard about this before. As people can probably tell from my signature, I'm very interested in seeing Ben Dyson's presentation.

We only just finalised it! If you could spread the word it would be great..

Advertisement