Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repair to facia & soffit

Options
  • 17-03-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi, probably wrong forum so mod feel free to move...

I need some repair work done to the wooden fascia and maybe soffit on my house. The last guys who did it were cowboys - I think they used a thumb tack to attach a triangular piece of wood on because it fell down a week later. ANyway, I need a recommendation for someone reliable and good. I can't go up myself due to lack of long ladder and also >cough< fear of heights.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    JC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

What part of the country are you in or should we assume dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Sorry, yes, Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Who would I go looking for, if no recommendations? A roofer? A carpenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

You should call Brendan Rice. 0872445198
    He installed fascias and soffits for many of the sites in and around Dublin during the boom. He does domestic work nowadays. He's been at the game a long time, knows his stuff and comes highly recommended.
    A word of advice: Never entertain someone who knocks on your door looking to provide a service.
    Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭jj build

Are you recommending yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement