Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed to Aib 3yr fixed lastweek

Options
  • 17-03-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I changed to a 3year fixed with Aib last Wednesday 9 th,the branch manager faxed my letter saying I wanted the 3rd fixed n cashier told me they have received it and that I would recevie a letter out stating my new terms.fixed rates went up with Aib yesterday the 16th .I can't wait to ring tomrv morning to confirm that I got the old 3 yr fixed rate.I hope I have .what does anybody think if I haven't ,what are my options
    Thanking ye

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

exactly the same here - but they confirmed for us that they received our instructions and we got the old rate. Ring them tomorrow just to be sure, but I'd say you'll be ok!

It was funny, when I talked to the lady in the mortgage centre and explained what I wanted - and everything turned out ok - she said 'she's glad it's ok cause this could have turned into a really difficult phone call'. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Corolla76

Yes I can't wait to call d bank tomrv.it's great that you got that old rate
    Well timed I would say.did you fax ure letter on the same day as I did

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

If mortgage dept received ur letter on the day u be fine, if they received it after the rates went up you might be in trouble

Advertisement