Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error and bad cust service

Options
  • 17-03-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

on sat evening i logged onto my ulster bank account(via online banking) and found that a standing order from some account for 1000e was lodged into my account earlier that day i contacted the internet helpline and told them about it and i was told that i had to contact my own branch on monday morning so i rang them on monday explained that the money wasnt mine and id no idea who the company was.they said they look into it and recifty and see coulld they find where it came from and theyd ring me backby close of business monday evening that was monday morning ive heard nothing back. what do i do now

its a large amount of money and i honestly dunno what i should do and i cant spend it cus it aint mine to spend?? how can the banks mess summit like that up?? sum1 could really need this money and they dont seem to be in a hurry to trace the money back to the owner
    progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Agree they should get back to you. But it's not necessarily the bank's error. It could very easily be that the customer who transferred the money gave them the wrong nsc account number. They are possibly trying to make contact with the customer in question to confirm what the correct account is before they move the money to the right account. If the money was transferred from another bank, that might explain the delay in trying to identify the customer(ie Ulster would have to pass on the info to the originating bank, who in turn track down the customer).

How do you know it is a standing order?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

As Dotsman said it may take a few days for them to sort it out.

Have to say fair play to you as theres a fair few people out there who'd say nothing a pocket the money in the money themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Gillo wrote: »
    As Dotsman said it may take a few days for them to sort it out.

Have to say fair play to you as theres a fair few people out there who'd say nothing a pocket the money in the money themselves.

Yes, but the bank is quite entitled to take back the amount leaving you with a negative balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

just can up on my online statement as S/O that how i figured it was a standing order thanks 4 the replyies guys i could do with the money but its not mine to touch i jus hate having sum1 elses money in my account that they could need

• Advertisement
Advertisement