Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few changes. (PLEASE READ)

Options
  • 16-03-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    I did a little spring clean in the forum and you may notice a few changes.
    I updated the charter to coincide with most other forums.
    I unstuck a few popular threads but added a direct link to them under the charter titled "popular threads". makes the main forum look a bit tidier.
    I want to try and keep everyone happy so let me know here what you think or if you have any ideas you would like to add.
    Oh and about the forum split, myself and Andip have asked admin but the conclusion was that there is not enough traffic on the forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

maybe i'm wrong here but i'm disappointed.
    i want to see a sticky about fly tying, clubs, general bull, and my personal favourite, the sticky about the shops around the country.
    now there are two locked threads in the top three.

i got a feeling that strangers will keep creating threads of the same questions. i guess it seems tidier but the character and spirit of a forum that takes a few years to build up seems to be missing.

if it aint broke why fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I think it looks a lot cleaner. It's irritating to have half the page taken up by stickies.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My two cents.... get rid of the angling regulations and the links stickies. Both are ancient and lucky to get one or two posts in them a year.

Replace the tackle shop sticky as it is a good resource and likely to be added to again as the season takes off and boardies start travelling. More likely to be added to at the top of the main page rather than hidden in another thread.

As for the forum split, it would be nice but the powers that be are probably correct regarding the amount of traffic in the forum.

But i suppose all these are a matter of opinion and everyone will differ.

But thanks for the effort bitemybanger, good to see the forum, and the fish, starting to move again as the days get warmer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

agree with seafield.
    perhaps the for sale sticky could be shoved into the charter sticky.

also the anglers rest and the photo sticky could be merged? that means general angling news/views/gossip would be in with the specimen pictures, so i don't know how others would feel about that.

also, even though I don't tie flies I'd like to see the work posted on the flytying thread stickied as it would be a shame to lose all that effort.

all flytying threads could be dropped in there then??

Advertisement