Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Sent Mail

Options
  • 16-03-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to solve this problem. I have two email accounts on my home computer, MobileMe and work. MobileMe is fine, but when I reply to emails from my work address, it is hit and miss as to whether or not the sent email will be saved in the Sent folder. I have "store sent messages on the server" ticked. If they never saved, that would be one thing, but this business of sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, has me confused. Anyone any ideas what could be causing it and how to fix it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If it's an IMAP account sometimes they'll get saved into a different Sent box (called Sent Mail or Sent Messages). If you scroll to the end of Mail's sidebar and click on the arrow over the account you'll usually see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

It is an IMAP account, but nothing is saved anywhere else, I've checked. An email I sent a few minutes before posting has gone missing, so I have something to look for, but other than where you said, I can't think of anywhere else. I have logged into my work account online to see if it is one the server there, but no such luck. Normally I don't care, but it would have been nice to have a copy of that last email (I replied to the same address earlier and that one saved!)

Advertisement