Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internships in Germany

Options
  • 16-03-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭

I was just sketching about the Allianz website and it appears that they have a number of internships for students in Munich, and the requirement is for fluent English with German being useful but not essential
    https://www.allianz.com/en/careers/search-for-jobs-worldwide/search-for-jobs-worldwide.html
    Closing date is April 1st so anyone thinking about it would want to get moving !!

I know that companies like BMW, Siemens, MTU (Aero Engines), MAN industries and other major firms in Munich (and elsewhere in Germany) are also open to students applying with good english skills. For electronics, Mech Eng, software and business students theres openings in loads of companies.

BTW, getting in as an intern is the primary way to get into these mega firms as you are ahead in the queue to anyone applying as a fresh graduate later on.

I just thought I'd mention it here as there has been a long tradition of Irish students coming to Munich for work experience which stopped suddenly during the height of the celtic tiger, the reasoning probably being that when spar pays a tenner an hour over the summer, why go abroad for experience!
    If coming to munich for experience worked for people over the past decades, then maybe it can work for you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Andrew Purfield

I was just sketching about the Allianz website and it appears that they have a number of internships for students in Munich, and the requirement is for fluent English with German being useful but not essential
    https://www.allianz.com/en/careers/search-for-jobs-worldwide/search-for-jobs-worldwide.html
    Closing date is April 1st so anyone thinking about it would want to get moving !!

I know that companies like BMW, Siemens, MTU (Aero Engines), MAN industries and other major firms in Munich (and elsewhere in Germany) are also open to students applying with good english skills. For electronics, Mech Eng, software and business students theres openings in loads of companies.

BTW, getting in as an intern is the primary way to get into these mega firms as you are ahead in the queue to anyone applying as a fresh graduate later on.

I just thought I'd mention it here as there has been a long tradition of Irish students coming to Munich for work experience which stopped suddenly during the height of the celtic tiger, the reasoning probably being that when spar pays a tenner an hour over the summer, why go abroad for experience!
    If coming to munich for experience worked for people over the past decades, then maybe it can work for you!

Im studying IBL in DIT and me languages are French and German. I'd like to study marxist economics in Hamburg after graduation so I definitely think Germany is a place worth studying/working with the country the way it is. I guess our generation is more willing to go to non english speaking countries. Me da left for England and later America. But me Uncle lived in Japan for a good few years so I guess each case is different. But people should be able to choose these things. it shouldnt be out of enforced emigration or poverty.

Advertisement