Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 16-03-2011 6:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I started a thread that was obviously a windup, not sure why I was banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

In the ban message PM, what reason was given?

Have you discussed this with the mod in question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

trout wrote: »
    In the ban message PM, what reason was given?

Have you discussed this with the mod in question?
    Hi flash1080,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Go peddle you hate somewhere else.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    Wind up = bad troll

Take it to the DRP if you wish.

Micky

I had a word with the mod, and got the rest of the PM conversation ... including where you acknowledged the impact you expected of the thread and that you started a DRP thread in the first instance.

To answer your specific question, you were banned for trolling, specifically starting a thread solely to inflame / offend.

Hope this helps.
    flash1080 wrote:
    flash1080 wrote:
    Wind up = bad troll

Take it to the DRP if you wish.

Micky
    Windup = Windup

Wind up's are meant to be funny though and not insult a group of people.

The DRP can be found here

Micky
    I started a thread there already. I know After Hours is full of conservative people who might find the thread offensive, but I don't think it's worthy of a ban.

I had a word with the mod, and got the rest of the PM conversation ... including where you acknowledged the impact you expected of the thread and that you started a DRP thread in the first instance.

To answer your specific question, you were banned for trolling, specifically starting a thread solely to inflame / offend.

Hope this helps.

Did you not get all that from this thread? I said it was a windup. He suggested taking it up here so I did.

flash1080 wrote: »
    Did you not get all that from this thread? I said it was a windup. He suggested taking it up here so I did.

You said you weren't sure why you were banned. That's been explained to you now ... you were banned for trolling.

7 days is possibly a little harsh for your first AH offence ... you haven't given me any reason in this thread or the various PMs to overturn/reduce the ban.

The mods and regulars of After Hours take a dim view of homophobic & bigoted threads, no matter how funny you may find it. You acknowledged this yourself in the PM conversation ... you played for laughs, and misjudged the mood/tone of the forum.

I don't think there is any forum on Boards.ie where that type of thread would be welcome.

• Advertisement

You said you weren't sure why you were banned. That's been explained to you now ... you were banned for trolling.

7 days is possibly a little harsh for your first AH offence ... you haven't given me any reason in this thread or the various PMs to overturn/reduce the ban.

The mods and regulars of After Hours take a dim view of homophobic & bigoted threads, no matter how funny you may find it. You acknowledged this yourself in the PM conversation ... you played for laughs, and misjudged the mood/tone of the forum.

I don't think there is any forum on Boards.ie where that type of thread would be welcome.

I didn't misjudge the mood/tone of the forum at all.

It was a windup. It worked too, people got wound up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The CMod has explained it very clearly to you. What you call 'winding up', we call trolling. You deliberately posted material that you knew would cause ructions. This isn't your little playground that you can use to wind-up our users.

Ban stands. Continue in this fashion and I can see plenty more bans for you. You don't have to like the rules of this site but you have to play by them. If you don't want to do that we're happy for you to stop posting permanently.

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement