Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got UPC TV in the Carrigaline area?

Options
  • 16-03-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,
    Am thinking of switching from Sky to UPC - purely to save money, the channels are much the same (the ones I'm interested in anyway!). UPC is available via MMDS but I wanted to see if anyone else has UPC in or around Carrigaline and can tell me if this is a good idea or not? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    bobjim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭raddo

Yup, I am in Carrigaline and have UPC.
    It is only available via MMDS, so phone, broadband or Digital+ from UPC is not an option.
    I have it for about 5 years with no major problems.
    Only gripes are if you want to downgrade as in turn off Sky Sports for the summer there is a 10 euro charge and also no recording feature is annoying.
    Some of the MMDS boxes need powering down every so often to update the EPG which is frustrating. I have two, one needs resetting every few weeks but the other never needs to be reset.
    Channel wise, I find there is not as much meaningless channels as Sky and Setanta Ireland and ESPN are part of the packs.
    Overall, I am happy with it and it works out cheaper than Sky for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

wouldn't freesat and saorview for free do the business for you?

Advertisement