Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$49.99 - MacUpdate Promo Spring Bundle

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That's excellent value. Worth it just for Parallels and 1Password.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Great Value. Own everything I want from that bundle already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

This definitely looks like good value, I have nothing in the bundle

Looks like the rename app would be just what i need for bulk renaming videos and pictures

can anyone tell me if 1password works with chrome? their promo video dosnt mention it

I have vmware fusion installed right now but havnt installed windows yet(was going to do it this week) is parallells that much better?

is tech tool pro worth using?

if 1 password works on chrome then im pretty sure ill purchase this

edit; their faq says they do support it but only up to version 7, this seems odd maybe they just havnt updated their faq?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, 1password works with Chrome. That's what I use it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

And with that I have made my first purchase with my first web dev pay cheque, please god let there be many more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭Talisman

PeakOutput wrote: »
    I have vmware fusion installed right now but havnt installed windows yet(was going to do it this week) is parallells that much better?
    Parallels is much quicker than VMware Fusion, it is also updated regularly.
    is tech tool pro worth using?
    It's a jack of all trades master of none suite of utilities. It's best feature is the eDrive, which is essentially a recovery partition on you hard drive. It also allows you to keep a history of your trash so if something is accidentally deleted it can easily be retrieved a number of days later.

The likes of Onyx is sufficient for doing routine maintenance and I have found that Disk Warrior, Drive Genius and Data Rescue are better at recovering drives and data.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Worth it for Civ4 and Parallels for me. Plus I already have a 1password key that I dont use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭Talisman

Plus I already have a 1password key that I dont use.
    What do you use to manage passwords?

For anyone who doesn't have it, 1Password is really brilliant. It supports DropBox syncing and also has a great feature called Anywhere which allows you to open the data file from within a web browser. It means that if you were away from your computer and lost your phone or something you could just login into DropBox from another machine and access your passwords. You don't need the 1Password application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

So far I use my head - and gmail to reset passwords if I forget. Not ideal but meh.

I just never got around to checking out 1password really. I will check out dropbox support and see if I can use usb sticks etc. I won it on twitter somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

So far I use my head - and gmail to reset passwords if I forget. Not ideal but meh.

I just never got around to checking out 1password really.

As others have said - 1Password really is useful. It does take a little effort to get used to, but it'll save you a lot of time in the long run, once you get familiar with it.

The first time I tried the demo, I didn't bother as it seemed like too much effort, but later on I got a half price deal on the license and given the good reports I'd heard from others about it, decided to give it another shot. Never looked back!

I ended up getting extra licenses for the rest of my family.

- barry

Advertisement