Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 18/03 *Results - Spoilers*

Options
  • 16-03-2011 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,478 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Edge defeated Brodus Clay with the spear in the opening match. Alberto Del Ri came out after the match and beat Edge down. Christian made the save. Teddy Long came out and announced Del Rio vs. Christian in a cage match tonight.
    WWE US Champion Sheamus beat WWE IC Champion Kofi Kingston with the Brogue kick.
    Backstage segment with Kane and Big Show trying to chokeslam each other.
    Cody Rhodes with new theme music beats Trent Baretta in a quick match.
    Layla defeated Kelly Kelly. Michelle McCool was on commentary and distracted Kelly to help Layla get the win.
    Big Show and Kane vs. Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater for the WWE Tag Team Titles is up next. Big Show and Kane win by DQ then get beatdown by The Corre after the match.
    Jack Swagger beats Chris Masters with the ankle lock. After the match, Michael Cole comes out of his cube and put the ankle lock on Masters.
    Rey Mysterio beat Ted DiBiase with 619.
    Christian beat Alberto Del Rio in a steel cage match that was said to be a great main event. Christian won by escaping the cage. Edge came out afterward in Del Rio's car and threatened to destroy it. Brodus Clay made the save and Del Rio helped him beat Edge down and hit a double chairshot to his arm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

E & C were originally advertised to take on The Corre for the Tag Titles at this taping but that was scrapped by the look of it.McIntyre lost to Percy Watson in the Dark Match before the show,I thought he was going somewhere.Hbk was Backstage but obviously wasn't used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

hopefully with the corre beating down on kane and big slow means we get to see diesel at wrestlemania for one last hurrah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm shocked that they booked Del Rio to lose cleanly just 2 weeks before Mania.

Charisteas wrote: »

He lost by escape of the cage but the build for him vs Edge at Mania has been poor. I really hope they don't bring back Diesel he can't move with any pace & wwe would be going over the top with Nostalgia at Mania if they haven't already done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,478 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He is winning at Mania though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

GTR63 wrote: »
    He lost by escape of the cage but the build for him vs Edge at Mania has been poor. I really hope they don't bring back Diesel he can't move with any pace & wwe would be going over the top with Nostalgia at Mania if they haven't already done that.

:eek: i'm shocked ;), you would'nt like to see one last jackknife for the atlanta crowd, if snooki can have a match at mania so can big daddy cool

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is winning at Mania though

Yeah I think he is too, but WWE should be making him look as strong as possible in these vital weeks before Mania.

Christian is a veteran who has been around forever, and he always gets huge pops from the crowd, so if Del Rio could have won this without any interference from Ricardo or Brodus, he would been looking great right now.

At the very least they could have had that cage match end in a draw (both men climb over the top simultaneously).

Now it just looks like that WWE should have booked a triple-threat match at Mania instead.

:eek: i'm shocked ;), you would'nt like to see one last jackknife for the atlanta crowd, if snooki can have a match at mania so can big daddy cool

Snooki should never be in a match just like Drew Carey or any Celebs shouldn't be in a Wrestling Hall of Fame.As for Diesel wasn't the Rumble enough of a Send off for a Wrestler who spent the majority of his career outside wwe.Plus his matches hn Tna were consistantly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

PERCY WATSON IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good win for Christian. Perhaps he is getting a title shot in a triple threat match in the PPV after Mania.

• Advertisement

PERCY WATSON IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a Dark Match yes,he didn't die when NXT ended.He has been doing house shows regularly too if i'm not mistaken.Doesn't say much for where McIntyre is going when he lost to him in a Dark Match before the show.
    Read online that Mysterio denied on his twitter he requested a release. Never read reports he asked for one but it was strange they did nothing with him & Rhodes on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Their is no logic in Masters losing to Swagger at all.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Their is no logic in Masters losing to Swagger at all.:(

shame to see the superstars world champ jobbed like that. looking forward to seeing his sell job for cole's anklelock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In a Dark Match yes,he didn't die when NXT ended.He has been doing house shows regularly too if i'm not mistaken.Doesn't say much for where McIntyre is going when he lost to him in a Dark Match before the show.

Wouldn't read too much into it to be honest. Dark matches are meant to get the crowd happy and excited for the main show. An underdog win via rollup on a heel will make people happy to start the show. It wasn't televised and a rollup protects Drew somewhat as well.

Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter: "Happy to say that I'll be making my triumphant return to the WWE tomorrow night...."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Watching SD on sky 1 now, anyone know where Michael cole went at the start of the show? He was there in the cole mine and then during edge and clay he was gone.
    Then back when Christian ran in?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter: "Happy to say that I'll be making my triumphant return to the WWE tomorrow night...."

Was he on Smackdown backstage or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Id say he was making fun of percy watsons 'return'.

I thought he was maybe going to be on the show

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

he cut an interview talking about HHH/Taker, very similar to what HBK's been doing. He's not showing up live.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    he cut an interview talking about HHH/Taker, very similar to what HBK's been doing. He's not showing up live.

Chris Jericho’s “triumphant return to the WWE” (his words on Twitter Thursday) turned out to be a video package of him promoting his appearance on “Dancing with the Stars.” Jericho must really be in WWE’s good graces for the company to allow a guy who isn’t even on its roster to promote a show whose second hour goes head to head with Raw Monday. By the way, reports of Jericho being on the show to discuss the Undertaker-Triple H match at WrestleMania obviously turned out to be wrong.

I'm surprised there was no interaction between Cody and Rey this week.

Jericho and WWE probably have a very good relationship; WWE want him back, and Jericho wants the option to go back whenever he wants, so i'd say both parties have a good understanding of each other.

I don't think it would bother WWE too much because there wouldn't be a great deal of demographic crossover of people who would watch Raw and DWTS.

The Taker/HHH interview jaykhunter mentioned might be airing on Raw tonight instead, maybe Friday was just when he filmed it.

Advertisement