Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Frontier 3D (Zombie MMORPG)

Options
  • 16-03-2011 11:04am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Posted this before back when it was in 2D - Didn't seem like many were interested... Well, I figure there's no harm rementioning it now that it's moved into 3D.

It's still free to play and still a web-browser game so there's no installation and no cost, unless you want to use real money to buy elite gear, which isn't really necessary.

If you want to play within a zombie apocolypse rather than talk about it here on Boards, feel free to check it out.

http://fairview.deadfrontier.com/onlinezombiemmo/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I lasted 30 seconds before I was chomped.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Takes some adaptation, especially when you need to learn how to make do with low-range weapons like pen-knives but once you get bigger weapons and learn patterns of the enemies you'll be off venturing, looting and having a laugh.

Any tips for literally starting off? Which role is the best to get going - I chose the Farmer as it came with both revolver and rifle, but wandered a bit aimlessly in the "inner city" until had two zees to contend with, and became dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I started off as a student today was lucky enough to start with a pen knife and a pistol (pen knife is an amazing weapon since I ran out of 150 rounds in a few minutes) seems like a good enough game.

don't really have the hang of scavenging though
    can oyu only scavenge from cars and corpses?
    can you enter buildings?
    any way to become a part of a clan?
    maybe start the boardsies off there too

Thanks for the posting the tips, RopeDrink.

Watched your vid...holy cr*p...giant scorpions? I hadn't factored them things into my preparation for the z apocalypse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tried it for a while but got board with it.

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Try to remember this game has recently moved from 2D to 3D. In 2D you had to carry around Planks & Nails for when you wanted to make a safe-haven so you could store items, buy/sell/trade your loot and clear inventory safely... In 3D this hasn't become available yet and the looting isn't as good - In 2D you could loot EVERY corpse, every car, every crate, enter buildings (Offices, Convienience Stores, Warehouses etc etc) and loot everything inside - I assume this is all being implemented over time, 3D is still in bare bones so yes, you won't find much to loot at the moment in comparison.

There are so many clans in DF, all you need to do is go to "Forums" and click "Clan Talk" - Every clan has their own Thread and often the 1st page shows recruitment information.

Or, as you say, if Boards was generally interested in the game you could very well make a Boards clan and level/play together in Multiplayer, it's a lot of fun compared to Single Player (Which is preferred for hardcore solo levelling / solo looting at higher levels).

thanks for the info I think I'm pretty interested started a first account as a student but I can see that there's no huge bonus, went for doc second time round but I'm wondering how do you delete an account?

My name is Kerrigor1991 in game

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Hi,

I have a few questions about his game

Do you have max amount of turns a day in it.
    How dedicated to you have to be in playing it. Like if you miss a day or too will you end up dead and loose your stuff?

Im playing a few other online game, building a house, and married, so needless to say my time is limited to how long i can spend on it. I dont want to start it if its going to take a lot of my time.

I like the ones where you have a set amount of turns to do in a day. Log in do your turns log out & your DONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Ah I remember playing this when it was 2D. Just re-joined, and found a master crafted baseball bat on my first scavenge. Sweet.

YOU! FAJITAS! start hangin round here more often ;)

we're writing our own choose your own adventure stories these days :)

on topic, thanks for the advice I think that'll make me stick around longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

How the fuck do you mute it? :confused:

If I can't mute it I'm not going to bother with it at all.

• Advertisement

"Wraiths just wanna be frendz" - ha, ha :D

Out of interest - how do you tackle it? Explosives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Right so, I've a soldier, but I haven't anyone to play with and I'm only at level 2 or 3 at the moment-- is this game any fun if you're just on your own all the time? Or am I going to need to try to join a clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

liah wrote: »
    Right so, I've a soldier, but I haven't anyone to play with and I'm only at level 2 or 3 at the moment-- is this game any fun if you're just on your own all the time? Or am I going to need to try to join a clan?

Oh yeah you can join a clan and probably will get invited to several. I played this ages ago while it was in beta. Might give it another go.

tried to make it to doggs blockade a few times but failed miserably :P only level 11 keep getting to the area that has the base in it then get demolished XD

any tips?

Advertisement