Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Went Kablamo

Options
  • 16-03-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I bottled my beer too early and got some exploding beer, the ones that havent exploded just taste like fizz. Is there any way of saving them at this stage?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Open the bottles (in the bath or a sink), let them foam until they calm down, re-cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

If you drink them very cold more c02 will be dissolved in the beer and might not fizz as much, though if you bottled way before fermentation was done the beer will keep on coming out as foam.. Have the beers covered with a towel or something at all times as exploding bottles are very dangerous. Did you check the gravity of the beer before bottling to confirm fermentation was complete and how much priming sugar did you use? .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Just bumping this thread instead of starting a new one. I have a beer that's been fermenting for 9 days nows. OG was 1048 and the reading sunday was 1012, 1011 on monday and 1010 yesterday. I assume this is all as expected as the yeast is nearly finished fermenting and is just using up the last of the sugar. Is it okay to go ahead an bottle the beer or should I wait until I get two days of a consistent gravity reading?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

should I wait until I get two days of a consistent gravity reading?
    Yes. I wouldn't even think of bottling before two weeks is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yes. I wouldn't even think of bottling before two weeks is up.
    Cheers, that suits me better as I can bottle over the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement