Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best friend passed away tonight

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

My best friend who I have known for almost 30 years passed away tonight. He had been ill but nothing life threatening and was recovering at home. Only this evening did we take a drive into the city, went for something to eat, and made plans to meetup tomorrow. In fact I visited him every day in hospital, and every day since he got out. As far as I could tell, he was improving every day and well on the way to recovery.

I found out just over an hour ago he had a heart attack and passed away. Myself and my family who were all close to my friend are in shock. I really don't even know why I am writing this. I guess I can't believe this could happen to someone so young. I think I'm angry too. Angry at doctors for not seeing this as a potential risk. He was on medication for this condition but noone every imagined this could happen.

I'm also angry because my friend was the most decent, honest, moral, and selfless person I ever knew, and often went out of his way to help others. He was deeply religious too and helped out in the community. I always admire him for that. He didn't deserve any of this and I'd swap places with him if I could.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ziltwo

Flaccus wrote: »
    My best friend who I have known for almost 30 years passed away tonight. He had been ill but nothing life threatening and was recovering at home. Only this evening did we take a drive into the city, went for something to eat, and made plans to meetup tomorrow. In fact I visited him every day in hospital, and every day since he got out. As far as I could tell, he was improving every day and well on the way to recovery.

I found out just over an hour ago he had a heart attack and passed away. Myself and my family who were all close to my friend are in shock. I really don't even know why I am writing this. I guess I can't believe this could happen to someone so young. I think I'm angry too. Angry at doctors for not seeing this as a potential risk. He was on medication for this condition but noone every imagined this could happen.

I'm also angry because my friend was the most decent, honest, moral, and selfless person I ever knew, and often went out of his way to help others. He was deeply religious too and helped out in the community. I always admire him for that. He didn't deserve any of this and I'd swap places with him if I could.

:(

I am so sorry for your loss... I lost my husband aged only 48 a little under a month ago; emotion is very high especially anger. be gentle with yourself..
    zil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sorry to hear that Flaccus. Chin up.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭roxychix

sorry to hear about your loss. i lost my best friend who i had known for twenty years from school to cancer last year. she was only 25yrs. you must go on living for them. life is unfair but time will heal and you will remember the good times that you shared. he will always be with you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I lost my 9-year old son last year to a brain tumour. Anger and looking for someone to blame is normal. I was angry with everyone for a good 6 months afterwards. Sometimes sh1t happens and we have to deal with it - it's not easy.

Really sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks very much for your support. I'm barely functioning at the moment. I really don't know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

So sorry for your loss Flaccus. Take care of yourself and yours.

Very sorry for your loss.
    It's awfull to lose someone.Keep talking about it as often as you want.

Speak to a senior citizen too if you can about who they've lost ,how they reflect on it and cope.
    Eventually some of them lose all of their family and all of their original and some of their closest oldest friends.
    They cope,they've been through the same mill.
    You will too,it's a sad fact of life.

The best thing to do in my opinion as a general "lifes rule" is to keep emulating with others that you get on with the kind of strong friendship you had with your friend.
    You can never have enough of that and life is so fragile.They being around makes it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mr1derful

just came accross this sorry to hear that about your friend flaccus,

hope your keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So so sorry to hear of your loss x

Advertisement