Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brilliant ideas needed!

Options
  • 15-03-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I may be living in fantasy land here but is there any alarms that would be suitable for those that are renting? I don't have an alarm on the place I'm renting but would like a bit more security, landlord doesn't want to put an alarm in and I obviously can't do a load of diy and spend a fortune on a house that isnt mine. Is there any alarms that you could stick to the Walls or windows and bring them with you when you move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,657 ✭✭✭✭altor

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Hi all,

I may be living in fantasy land here but is there any alarms that would be suitable for those that are renting? I don't have an alarm on the place I'm renting but would like a bit more security, landlord doesn't want to put an alarm in and I obviously can't do a load of diy and spend a fortune on a house that isnt mine. Is there any alarms that you could stick to the Walls or windows and bring them with you when you move?

A wire free system is your best option as you can take it out when leaving and bring it with you :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Powermax would be ideal here. And possibly HKCs new system due out the end onf the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Two questions, are either of those suggestions very expensive? Also are they the type of alarm that a potential burglar would know how to bypass?

Ok one more, and when they say wireless do they mean wireless or wireless as in theres only one or two wire type things? I cant make any holes in the walls obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,657 ✭✭✭✭altor

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Two questions, are either of those suggestions very expensive? Also are they the type of alarm that a potential burglar would know how to bypass?

Ok one more, and when they say wireless do they mean wireless or wireless as in theres only one or two wire type things? I cant make any holes in the walls obviously.

Wire free means the sensors have no wires. The only thing you will need is mains power for the alarm. You will need fix the sensors to the windows, doors or walls if beams are included. Depending on what you need fitted will determine the price of the alarm but shop around is the always the best option.

Advertisement